Answer & Explanation
There are four types of tissue in human body. They are
Among these Connective Tissue are most abundant in our body.
1) Wraps around and cushions and protects organs
2) Stores nutrients
3) Internal support for organs
4) As tendon and ligaments protects joints and attached muscles to bone and each other
5) Runs through organ capsules and in deep layers of skin giving strength
The 3 Elements of Connective Tissue:
1) Ground substance – gel around cells and fibers
2) Fibers – provide strength, elasticity and support
There are 2 Kinds of Connective Tissue:
1) Loose Connective Tissue:
a) Areolar Connective Tissue – cushion around organs, loose arrangement of cells and fibers.
b) Adipose Tissue – storehouse for nutrients, packed with cells and blood vessels
c) Reticular Connective Tissue – internal supporting framework of some organs, delicate network of fibers
2) Dense Connective Tissue:
a) Dense Regular Connective Tissue – tendons and ligaments, regularly arranged bundles packed with fibers
running same way for strength in one direction.
b) Dense Irregular Connective Tissue – skin, organ capsules, irregularly arranged bundles packed with fibers
for strength in all directions.