Answer & Explanation
A) manage public schools in accordance with state and federal law.
The main function of a school board is to manage public schools in accordance with state and federal law.
The functions of the school board of a public school are:
• to establish strategic direction and priorities for the school.
• to monitor and review school performance and to report on it to the Director-General, parents of students at the school and staff.
• to develop, maintain and review curriculum for the school.
• to develop and review education policies at the school.
• to establish budgetary policies for the school and approve the school budget.
• to establish policies for the efficient and effective use of school assets and the management of financial risk.
• to develop relationships between the school and the community and between the school and community organisations.
• to make recommendations to the Director-General on issue affecting the school and to give effect to the Director-General’s directions.
• to encourage parent participation in their children’s learning; and
• to exercise any other function given to the board under this Act or any other