Answer & Explanation
C) Gol Gumbaz
Bijapur is known for its Gol Gumbaz. Bijapur city is well known for its historical monuments of architectural importance built during the rule of the Adil Shahi dynasty.
What is Gol Gumbaz ::
1. It is the tomb of Mohammed Adil Shah. This is the most famous monument in Bijapur.
2. It is the largest dome ever built in India.
3. A particular attraction in this monument is the central chamber, where every sound is echoed seven times.
4. Another attraction at the Gol Gumbaz is the Whispering Gallery, where even minute sounds can be heard clearly 37 metres away.
- Statue of Gomateshwara - Shravanabelagola in Karnataka.
- Heavy Rainfall - Cherrapunji in Meghalaya.