What is Inbound and outbound marketing?
Inbound Marketing :
Inbound marketing refers to marketing activities that bring visitors in, rather than marketers having to go out to get prospect's attention.
1. Communication is interactive and two-way.
2. Customers come to you via search engines, refferals and social media
3. Marketers provide value
4. Marketers seek to entertain and/or educate
5. It is a cheaper way of marketing
6. It is the new trend in marketing
7. People are more in control of what information they receive and how
In Outbound marketing the company contacts the customer through a message. It uses offline methods such as trade shows, mails to customers and calling customers.
1. Communication is one-way.
2. Customers are sought out via print, TV, radio, banner advertising and cold calls.
3. Marketers Provide little to no added value.
4. Marketers rarely seek to entertain or educate.
5. It is expensive compared to inbound marketing
6. It is one of the traditional methods of marketing.
7. In outbound marketing company is in control.
Marketing and Sales