There is the demand for the rich multimedia that involves many features that are used till now to make the Android market more popular in all the phases. The application includes the following:
• Mixable audio effects – developer can easily create audio environments using the API key that is provided with it like creating equalization, bass boost, headphone feature, etc. The android provide the tools that can be used to mix the audio effects and apply it.
• There is also support for new media formats like VP8 open video compression format that uses a container format that can run on all the platforms and add the support for AAC and AMR encoding. The applications provided allow higher quality video to be captured.
• The application allows the access to multiple cameras that allows the use of APIs to include the camera and its properties in one. The platform provides the application to include the camera with high and low resolution.
- The maximum data rate supported by a GSM system is 9.6 kbps. - However there are extensions to GSM standard to improve throughput. - GPRS is one of the extended GSM service. - The extended standards of GSM allows theoretical data rates on the order of 114 Kbit/s, but with throughput closer to 40Kbit/s in practice.
- GPRS provide gross data rate of 22.80 KBPS / time slot - Voice uses only 13KBPS/ time slot and the rest is consumed by Error Correction Code - Error connection code is utilized for detecting and correcting the transmission errors - As voice is compressed, the usage of Error connection code is mandatory
- GPRS uses 2.5 generation of GSM signals - The radio interface is the same that of GSM - GPRS uses 900 / 1800 Mhz, frequency band and GMSK modulation - The bit rates are EGPRS, similar to EDGE - Separate hardware and ports need to be added and availed.
Wi-Fi technology is a technology used for transmitting a signal using the 802.11 specifications works a lot like it does with a basic Ethernet hub: They’re both two-way forms of communication, and they both use the same frequency to both transmit and receive, often referred to a half-duplex. WLANs used radio frequencies (RFs) that are radiated into the air from an antenna that creates radio waves. These waves can be absorbed, refracted, or reflected by walls, water, and metal surfaces, resulting in low signal strength. So because of this vulnerability to surrounding environmental factors, it’s pretty apparent that wire-less will never offer us the same robustness as a wired network can, but that still doesn’t mean we’re not going to use or run the wireless or Wi-Fi.
Basically there are many standards of Wi-Fi in the industry but some popular of them are 802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g/n. With the support of these Wi-Fi protocols we can communicate/interact among the devices at the speed of 5Ghz to 2.4Ghz dual band communication.
If we have Wi-Fi nic card so firstly we have to install their drivers and after installation if we have Wi-Fi access point then we can see the signal strength in the right corner below just open that and find the access point to connect, if access point is configured with the security, type the key to connect and enjoy the service.
Wi-Fi is technically referred to as the 802.11 protocol. Over time, Wi-Fi has improved, giving rise to different variations of the protocol.
802.11a – This version operates at 54Mbps. It is considered as the favorite wireless LAN protocol for IP telephony.