Android is a stack of software for mobile devices which has Operating System, middleware and some key applications. The application executes within its own process and its own instance of Dalvik Virtual Machine. Many Virtual Machines run efficiently by a DVM device. DVM executes Java language’s byte code which later transforms into .dex format files.
Features of Android :
- Components can be reused and replaced by the application framework.
- Optimized DVM for mobile devices
- SQLite enables to store the data in a structured manner.
- Supports GSM telephone and Bluetooth, WiFi, 3G and EDGE technologies
- The development is a combination of a device emulator, debugging tools, memory profiling and plug-in for Eclipse IDE.