- Installing and upgrading the Oracle Server and application tools.
- Allocating system storage and planning future storage requirements for the database system.
- Managing primary database structures (tablespaces)
- Managing primary objects (table, views, indexes)
- Enrolling users and maintaining system security.
- Ensuring compliance with Oracle license agreement
- Controlling and monitoring user access to the database.
- Monitoring and optimizing the performance of the database.
- Planning for backup and recovery of database information.
- Maintain archived data on tape
- Backing up and restoring the database.
- Contacting Oracle Corporation for technical support.