What is GUI testing? What elements will we cover in GUI testing?
In GUI testing, need to cover the customer requirement if don't have to validate Font size, colors, spellings(labels) etc.
Every application should follow Microsoft rules like
- Controls should be Initcap (i.e every label should start with Capital letter )Can observe that in Win applications every label starts with Caps
- OK or Cancel button should exist
- Controls should not be overlapped
- Controls should be alligned properly (left side alignment is mandatory but the right side is optional)
- Controls should be visible
- Short cut keys should be provided
- System menu should exist (i.e if u press Alt key + Space bar a menu will appear at the left most corner )
- Mouse pointer events
Colors, Label Names, Tab Order, Alignment, graphs , Navigation of the software to test in GUI Testing.