In GUI testing, need to cover the customer requirement if don't have to validate Font size, colors, spellings(labels) etc.
Every application should follow Microsoft rules like
- Controls should be Initcap (i.e every label should start with Capital letter )Can observe that in Win applications every label starts with Caps
- OK or Cancel button should exist
- Controls should not be overlapped
- Controls should be alligned properly (left side alignment is mandatory but the right side is optional)
- Controls should be visible
- Short cut keys should be provided
- System menu should exist (i.e if u press Alt key + Space bar a menu will appear at the left most corner )
- Mouse pointer events
Colors, Label Names, Tab Order, Alignment, graphs , Navigation of the software to test in GUI Testing.