Answer & Explanation
B) Haemoglobin of RBC can carry both oxygen and carbon dioxide
During respiration, about 97% of oxygen is transported by Red Blood Cells in blood and the remaining 3% gets dissolved in the plasma.Around 20-25% of carbon dioxide is carried by haemoglobin as carbamino-haemoglobin.
Oxygen enters the blood from the lungs and carbon dioxide is expelled out of the blood into the lungs. The blood serves to transport both gases. Oxygen is carried to the cells. Carbon dioxide is carried away from the cells.