40
Q:

Damage to hearing is caused by sounds which exceed

A) 70 decibels B) 80 decibels
C) 100 decibels D) 120 decibels

Answer:   D) 120 decibels



Explanation:

High frequency sound attacks the tympanic memberance and makes it defective. 120 decibels is too high a pitch to be heard and therefore it impairs the hearing ability.

Subject: Biology
Q:

Hypokinetic diseases refer to those that are caused by

 

 

A) infections B) high cholesterol
C) inactivity D) high blood pressure
 
Answer & Explanation Answer: C) inactivity

Explanation:
Report Error

View Answer Report Error Discuss

Filed Under: Biology
Exam Prep: AIEEE , Bank Exams

0 27
Q:

The tendon is made up of

A) inelastic connective tissue fibres B) inelastic and elastic connective tissue fibres
C) only collagen fibres D) elastic connective tissue fibres
 
Answer & Explanation Answer: C) only collagen fibres

Explanation:
Report Error

View Answer Report Error Discuss

Filed Under: Biology
Exam Prep: Bank Exams

0 11
Q:

What is the process of production of ovum in the females called?

 

A) Adolescence B) Menarche
C) Oogenesis D) Menstruation
 
Answer & Explanation Answer: C) Oogenesis

Explanation:
Report Error

View Answer Report Error Discuss

Filed Under: Biology
Exam Prep: Bank Exams

0 28
Q:

Which one of the following is a waterborne disease?

 

A) Tuberculosis B) Malaria
C) Cholera D) All the above
 
Answer & Explanation Answer: C) Cholera

Explanation:
Report Error

View Answer Report Error Discuss

Filed Under: Biology
Exam Prep: Bank Exams

0 41
Q:

___ is the liquid part of the blood of which 92% is water and the remaining 8% is proteins, minerals, hormones, enzymes and so on.

A) RBC B) Plasma
C) Blood platelet D) WBC
 
Answer & Explanation Answer: B) Plasma

Explanation:
Report Error

View Answer Report Error Discuss

Filed Under: Biology
Exam Prep: Bank Exams

0 40
Q:

Which of the following is/are the function(s) of bile juice released from the liver?

 

I. Make the food coming from stomach alkaline.

II. Conversion of proteins into amino acids.

III. Break down of fats into smaller globules.

 

A) Only I   B) Only II and III  
C) Only I and III   D) All I, II and III  
 
Answer & Explanation Answer: C) Only I and III  

Explanation:
Report Error

View Answer Report Error Discuss

Filed Under: Biology
Exam Prep: Bank Exams

0 28
Q:

Who discovered the ABO blood group system?

A) Karl Koller B) Maurice Hilleman
C) Karl Landsteiner D) Edward Jenner
 
Answer & Explanation Answer: C) Karl Landsteiner

Explanation:
Report Error

View Answer Report Error Discuss

Filed Under: Biology
Exam Prep: Bank Exams

0 94
Q:

Which of the following is a good source of Vitamin A?

A) Cabbage B) Carrot
C) Regular Potato D) Strawberry
 
Answer & Explanation Answer: B) Carrot

Explanation:
Report Error

View Answer Report Error Discuss

Filed Under: Biology
Exam Prep: Bank Exams

0 112