|A) Apple||B) Amazon|
|C) Google||D) Facebook|
1. In the latest Global 500 rankings of most valuable and powerful brands across the globe, Sundar Pichai’s Google has surpassed Apple to achieve the top position.
2. The Brand Finance Global 500 list published on February 2, 2017 had featured Apple as the top brand for continuous five years.
3. However, for 2017, the ranking revealed that Google’s brand value rose by 24 percent to $109.5bn in 2016. The brand value of Apple on the other hand dropped 27 percent to $107bn.
4. This is for the first time since 2011 that Google has been placed at the top spot. The third place has been occupied by Amazon.
5. The ranking is based upon factors such as marketing investment, familiarity, loyalty, staff satisfaction and corporate reputation.