Answer & Explanation
B) How much regression testing should be done.
Impact Analysis is used in software testing to define all the risks associated with any kind of changes in a product being tested.
Impact Analysis is nothing but analyzing the impact of changes in the deployed product or application. It gives the information about the areas of the system that may be affected due to the change in the particular section or features of the application.
Why Impact Analysis is done :
1. It is done to understand the possible outcome of implementing the change. Inducing too much functionality into a product can reduce the overall performance of the product.
2. To identify all the files, documents and models that might have to be modified if team decides to implement the change in product
3. To estimate the effort needed behind implementing the change
4. To identify the task required to implement the change
5. It will list the dependencies on a specific element
The impact is analyzed on Requirements, Design & Architecture, impact on Test and impact on schedule.