- Notification messages to the user from an Android enabled device can be displayed using Intents.
- There are two types of Intents - Explicit Intent, Implicit Intent.
- In case of Implicit Intent, an intent is just declared.
- It is for the platform to find an activity that can respond to it.
- Since the target component is not declared, it is used for activating components of other applications.
- Explicit intent specifies the particular activity that should respond to the intent.
- They are used for application internal messages.