Should religion be baned
1. Yes. It develops fanaticism in people
2. No. Religion binds people together
Religion binds the people together with the name of god.But at the same time it may create differences and ill-will amon people
Should there be an upper age limit of 65 years for contesting parlimentary/Legislative Assembly elections?
1. Yes. Generally ,people above the age of 65 years lose their dynamism and will power
2. No. The life span is also increased that people remain physically and mentally active even upto age of 80 years
The age of the person is no criteria for judging his mental capbilities and administrative qualities.So,none of the arguments holds strong
Should India create a huge oil reserve inorder to face some difficult situations in future
1. No. There is no need to block huge amounts of foreign exchange and keep the money die
2. Yes. This will keep India withstand shocks of sudden rise in oilprices due to un forseen circumstances
Oil being an essential commodity ,our country must keep it in reserve.So argument 1 is vague,while argument 2 holds as it provides a substancial reason for the same
Should individuals/industries having treasures of national significance like nobel prizes, hand them over to central goverment for their safe custody?
1. Yes. They d not have enough resources to protect them
2. No. These are the properties of Individuals /Industries who win them. So, they should be there int heir custody
The awards are given to the individual perfection and excellence.So only 2 holds
Should 'computer knowledge' be made a compulsory subject for all the students at secondary school level?
I. No. Our need is 'bread' for everyone, we cannot follow western models.
II. Yes. We cannot compete in the international market without equipping our children with computers.
Nowadays, computers have entered all walks of life and children need to be prepared for the same. So, argument II is strong. Argument I holds no relevance.
Should there be a ban on affiliation of student unions to political parties?
I. Yes. The political parties take undue advantage of the student unions to fulfill their own selfish interests.
II. No. Without the support of political parties student unions will not be able to survive.
Simply saying that a thing can be abused is a simplistic argument. This applies to everything and is hence weak unless you specify the reason for abuse. Hence I is weak. II is weak because it is just not true.
Should there be restriction on the migration of people from one state to another state in India?
1. No. Any Indian citizen has the right to live at any place of his/her own choice. They can't be stopped
2. Yes. This is the way to effect an equitable distribution of resources across the states in India
clearly argument 1 holds strong,while argument 2 is vague
Should government stop spending huge amounts of money on international sports ?
I. Yes. This money can be utilised for poor.
II. No. Sports-persons will be frustrated and will not get international exposure.
Clearly spending money on sports can not be avoided merely for social economic problems. But Argument II is strong. Be a sports man and then think on this question.
We'll send you weekly updates from Sawaal
Copyright © 2016 Sawaal.com | All Rights Reserved