1. How to find Speed(s) if distance(d) & time(t) is given:
Ex: Find speed if a person travels 4 kms in 2 hrs?
Speed = D/T = 4/2 = 2 kmph.
2. Similarly, we can find distance (d) if speed (s) & time (t) is given by
Distance (D) = Speed (S) x Time (T)
Ex : Find distance if a person with a speed of 2 kmph in 2 hrs?
Distance D = S X T = 2 x 2 = 4 kms.
3. Similarly, we can find time (t) if speed (s) & distance (d) is given by
Time (T) =
Ex : Find in what time a person travels 4 kms with a speed of 2 kmph?
Time T = D/S = 4/2 = 2 hrs.
4. How to convert km/hr into m/sec :
Ex : Convert 36 kmph into m/sec?
36 kmph = 36 x 5/18 = 10 m/sec
5. How to convert m/sec into km/hr :
Ex : Convert 10 m/sec into km/hr?
10 m/sec = 10 x 18/5 = 36 kmph.
6. If the ratio of the speeds of A and B is a:b, then the ratio of the times taken by them to cover the same distance is b : a.
7. Suppose a man covers a certain distance at x km/ hr and an equal distance at y km/hr . Then, the average speed during the whole journey is km/hr.